Previous post:

Next post:

Thankful Thursday: Acts of Kindness

June 2, 2011 · 7 comments

in Daily Life, Reflections

This week I have been incredibly grateful for acts of kindness that have been done for me. Even a simple gesture of understanding can be so powerful.

For instance, I got a call Tuesday morning that my son’s TSS was sick and wouldn’t be at school that day. I brought Michael to school prepared to walk him up to the classroom to help him get settled and hopefully avoid any meltdowns that might occur during the transition to the school day.

When we arrived at school, I was surprised to find his case manager waiting at the door for him to do that very thing! It was such a thoughtful gesture and really started my day off on a good note. :)

Later that same day, I went to the periodontist for a surgical procedure. Upon arriving, I was greeted at the desk by the nurse, who took me back to the room immediately and started out by letting me know that they already had my prescriptions written out and that they were all for liquid medicines.

Again, this is such a small detail, but it made me feel so cared for not to have to make the request, explain why it is needed and then remind them again later to make sure they were done correctly. It was nice to have one less thing to worry about!

So, if you are ever wondering whether that small gesture of kindness would really matter, be assured that you never know the impact it will have on someone. As a friend of mine likes to quote from Plato, “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.”

This month, Thankful Thursday is being hosted by Grace Alone….

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

Stimey June 2, 2011 at 9:12 am

I love this. I truly think that it is those little acts that, if they didn’t happen, would go unnoticed that make the biggest difference. They show a level of caring that is sometimes missing from the grander gestures.
Stimey recently posted…Dental Hell- The ConclusionOr Is It Yes- It IsMy Profile

Marie Armenia June 2, 2011 at 12:38 pm

Great, great writing Trish.. love it. And you, of course.

staying afloat June 2, 2011 at 3:13 pm

So true. My oldest had oral surgery and they wrote her a scrip for swallowable amoxicillin. Those things are literally almost an inch long and pretty thick. I had to call back to get the drinkable stuff.

In other news, I wish you success on the Risperadol. It didn’t work for us (he gained too much weight), but we were able to hop over to Abilify instead. But it sounds like y’all are on a good track.
staying afloat recently posted…Biofeedback And normalMy Profile

Tessa a/k/a Mama Apples June 2, 2011 at 8:18 pm

It really is the little things that count!
Tessa a/k/a Mama Apples recently posted…A Strange EncounterMy Profile

Stefanie Brown June 3, 2011 at 12:40 am

I love the fact our Heavenly Father is interested in every little detail in our lives.
Thank you for sharing!
Stefanie Brown recently posted…No Longer Dazed and Confused…My Profile

Iris June 4, 2011 at 1:30 pm

I totally agree with you; small acts of kindness can make the day of someone you encounter. That is why I have at least a smile for everyone each day.

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this week.

Love & peace,