I’m posting this a day early since tomorrow is Christmas Day (and my birthday). I hope all of you who celebrate the birth of the Savior will be blessed with a wonderful holiday.
Just fiction this month, and primarily for escape value, but here’s what I’ve finished since my last nightstand post:
- Delusion In Death (In Death #35) by J.D. Robb – 4 stars, Eve and Dallas never disappoint, and I loved the twist on Eve’s interactions with Summerset in this one
- Home from the Sea (Elemental Masters #8) by Mercedes Lackey – 4 stars, enjoyed this one a lot
- Redoubt (Valdemar: Collegium Chronicles #4) by Mercedes Lackey – 4 stars, nice addition to the Valdemaran storyline
- A Reluctant Queen: The Love Story of Esther by Joan Wolf – 4 stars, interesting fictionalization with a different take on some of the details than I have seen before, very good
- Downfall (Intervention #2) by Terri Blackstock – 3 stars, fairly enjoyable Christian suspense, albeit a bit far-fetched at times
- The Half-Stitched Amish Quilting Club by Wanda E. Brunstetter – 3 stars, very nice contemporary story with a diverse cast of characters
- The Soldier’s Wife by Joanna Trollope – 3 stars, definitely liked it better than the last one I read by her, much closer to what I remember reading in the past
On my nightstand right now, besides a few random reads from the library, is House Rules by Jodi Picoult. I have heard mixed reviews about both the quality of the writing and the content itself, so might have passed on it myself. However, a friend and I are starting a book club centered on titles that have central characters or themes with autism/Aspergers, and she picked this book as our first selection. It should make for an interesting discussion, at least!
So, what are you currently reading?